fruitcakes

My Boyfriend Barfed in My Handbag . . . and Other Things You Can't Ask Martha

My Boyfriend Barfed in My Handbag . . . and Other Things You Can't Ask Martha - Jolie Kerr This book is great. It's maybe a bit on the basic side if you, like me, grew up with parents who were very meticulous about cleaning, but even if, I do recommend reading it.

So, this book covers basic and some not so basic household cleaning-- kitchen, bathroom, laundry, dishes, to retainers, stains, and the titular barf in the handbag. The author has a really great tone that not only is very reassuring (you CAN do it!) but is also fast-paced and informative, but not so informative a reader will start freaking out again. She does a really great job of breaking down the science behind things like different types of stains, for example.

I definitely recommend reading this books, and then maybe gifting a copy to anyone who's getting started on cleaning their stuff on their own-- recent grads, recent apartment/house acquirers, etc. I left this book feeling excited and capable of tackling my previously kind of overwhelming kitchen, which is TRULY amazing.

Fortune's Fool